Back to Recipes and Reviews
Appel Cinnamon buns
1 hour, 35 minutes
keep in the freezer or the 0 degree compartment of the refrigerator
- 500 gram flour
- 10 gram salt
- 40 gram fresh yeast 1/3 if you use instant yeast
- 2 dl milk handwarm
- 60 gram sugar
- 1 Egg
- 50 gram full fat butter
- 750 gram Appels, peeled and diced pref. "Goudreinet"
- Cinnamon pref. Ceylon
- Mix the flour, salt, yeast, milk, sugar, butter and egg until you have an elastic dough which is not sticky anymore. This will cost you approx. 10 minutes.
- Mix the diced apple with cinnamon according to your tast and put apart.
- Put it in a flour covered large bowl, cover it up with a damp cloth and leave it in a warm place to rest until it has doubled in size. (approx. 1 hr)
- Knead the dough on a floured work surface for a few minutes. Divide the dough in 16 equal pieces and make little balls of dough from this pieces.
- Flatten every piece until you have the shape of a mini "pizza". Give every mini pizza an equal portion of the apple mixture.
- Fold the mini pizzas double. Now you have 16 pizza calzone shaped buns filled with apple and cinnamon. Use water as glue to make the dough stick together.
- Put them on a baking tray, cover them with a damp cloth and leave them in a warm place to rest for 35 minutes.
- Bake them for 15 minutes in a preheated oven at 200 degrees celcius until they are well done and have a golden brown color
© 2021 Copyright BoefBandito